You are currently browsing the monthly archive for January 2010.
Well, today is my last day at my orchestra box office job. I start a new job on Monday, making more money, working more stable hours, and sitting in a cube. Although I am overjoyed to be moving on from this job, there are some things I will miss:
- Walking to work.
- Spending my days in downtown Rochester.
- Having a window to look out all day long.
- Wearing basically whatever I want to work.
- Working around the corner from my favorite coffee shop, where I have made friends with several baristas.
There are many, many things I will not miss though. Just a few of those are:
- All the smells people come in with (cigarette smoke, perfume, BO, bad breath).
- Over-privileged people with too much time and money on their hands who think they can treat me as a sub-human.
- People who want better tickets than they paid for and feel entitled to yell at me because of this.
- Elderlies who are afraid to drive in the snow and that being my fault.
- People who don’t want to sit near handicapped people (really happened).
- Working in a department that overall gets paid far too little to do far too much.
I am really thankful to be moving on. And you know, terrified. But mostly thankful.