You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘thankfulness’ tag.
Today I started attending a women’s bible study on the college campus where I work. The study is called “Growing in Joy”, and it’s led by the president’s wife. She is super tiny, and super enthusiastic. It’s possible I am the youngest woman there by about twenty years. The first page of the study folder is typed in Comic Sans.
And oddly, I couldn’t have been happier to be there. It was lovely to be around women who have been seeking the Lord for decades. Especially since seeking the Lord is something I’m pretty terrible at.
Our homework is to write down ten things each day that we’re thankful for. Er…for which we are thankful. I thought the ‘ole bloggeroo would be a good place for that.
1. My loving husband
2. Creamy Earl Grey tea
3. A night at home tonight
5. My job
6. A new journey I am currently embarking on with Mary Kay
7. The fact that I really like my boss
8. Having Friday off this week
9. My wonderful church community and the fellowship we had together on Sunday
10. Having lost the few pounds I gained over the last few weeks
I’m going to try to keep up my ten things. I’m sure some days will be harder than others, but I think it will be healthy for me to do this kind of homework.
Check back tomorrow.